Friday, May 21, 2010

Meme? WTF is a MEME?

I was tagged by E. from Whining at the World
I think I am supposed to answer the same questions, about my Seven Deadly Sins.

(This meme was started by Lori @ Ramblings of a Stay At Home Mum who I don't know, but will visit).

Hey, don't blame me, I don't know what a meme is, except it sounds like it's all about Me, Me.


Sloth - how do you relax?
Reading a good book, or reading a trashy book, playing online computer games (World of Warcraft), and now I have discovered reading and writing on blogs. Argh, too many black holes of distraction.

Gluttony - What can't you get enough of, even though it's bad for you?
I choose the poisons of nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol.
No, I haven't forgotten it - chocolate comes under the heading of caffeine.

Greed - What do you get greedy for?
Refer Sloth. I am a very slothful person. One can never have enough sloth in one's life. Really. If I didn't have a family, I don't think I'd do anything. In fact, He-who-has-no-nickname believes that I don't do anything.

Envy - What makes you green?
Very little. I have this attitude which says that if you want something, you can either do something about it, or not. But if you don't do anything, you have no right to whinge. As you can see from the above, I'm not big on doing things.

Lust - What does it for you?
Can't go past what E. said: "But if we are talking pure animal lust, aka Man I could so do him (sorry to any family members who ever read this), then: Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr (that Iron Man body is nice) ….. I think I should stop there."
I'll only vary my list a little bit - Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, then I'll go Viggo Mortensen. That should keep me busy enough.

Pride - What are you inordinately proud of?
My three children. Myself and my husband for creating them. The boys again, for growing into such wonderful people despite our, ahem, less than perfect parenting. Hubby and me again, for sticking together through the tough parenting parts.

Wrath (Anger) - What makes you cranky?
Politics for politics sake. Lying. The kids having the same argument for the umpteenth time. The volume on 11. Telephone and door-to-door salespeople.

I need to tag 7 people.  I don't know if I know 7 people in the blogosphere. That's what you get for tagging a noob. How about three. Three is a nice number.

Val, Ro and MM - you're it, because everyone can do with the occasional distraction of writing about Me, Me, Me.

Ro goes over it, MM goes around it and back again, and Val goes up and down at high speed.
Get over it... I did
Meaningless Meandering from a Madmother
Jump on the Rollercoaster

Lisa: Can I go play now?
Mummy Lisa: No, not until you've finished the laundry.
Lisa: Awwww, but I did the dishes. Just one chapter?
Mummy Lisa: Absolutely not. One chapter will turn into two, and by the way, you should have a shower, too.
Lisa: I'll do it later, promise.
Mummy Lisa: That's what you always say.

3 comments:

  1. You are right. A meme is all about you (okay who ever is writing it)!

    Oh Man I forgot Viggo! Glad you put him on your list even if to just jog my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, still waiting for the perfect opportunity to watch the Entire Lord of the Rings, Extended Edition movies in one sitting. Should only take about 14 hours.
    Has to fit around Glee, and Big Bang Theory. Ohhh, I'm a geek, I'm a geek, I'm a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn straight. It's all about Me, Me, Me!! :D Nice job. Your Follow box appears to be broken? It's OK, I'll bookmark you and come back to stalk you later.

    ReplyDelete